Back-End Engineer (Remote) at Shopmonkey
Shopmonkey's vision is to help every shop thrive by equipping them with the tools they need to run and grow their business. Our cloud based all-in-one shop management software takes owners and technicians from the initial quote stage all the way to cashing out a satisfied customer. Our software has a modern and intuitive UI and our backend is powered by the latest technologies so our clients can focus on the things they do best.
- Communicate regularly with the engineering leadership and product managers to ensure the project is on track and checkpoint goals are met.
- Consult on best engineering approaches, technologies, architecture, design, tools, and solutions.
- Provide implementation estimates and evaluations of different solutions, approaches, frameworks, etc.
- Take up challenges faced within the engineering team like problems in the release process, build issues and other pressing problems raised by customers that require quick turnaround with the highest quality of work.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Provide solutions for discovered bottlenecks and get a chance to refactor parts of the code
- Create tools and automate requests
- Experience working cross-functionally and have a high EQ and can work within ambiguity
- Worked as a senior level engineer and provided mentorship to less experience engineering team
- Championed best practices and understands the value of software standards
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Strong system design and design patterns experience
- Experience with MongoDB, PostgreSQL databases, ElasticSearch
- If you have experience with working with international teams - we have engineers in the USA and Ukraine!
- Experience with Redis databases, Kafka (additionally Connect API, Streams API)
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.