AWS Cloud Architect – Texas DIR (Sm) (Remote) at Rackspace Technology
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:59 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 16, 2022
Rackspace is seeking an AWS Cloud Architect that has a passion for technology and is ready to join our Texas DIR Team in Texas
Our Cloud Architect is responsible for aligning Rackspace cloud and hybrid solutions to the business requirements of strategically-valuable customers and prospects, and bringing grassroots market intelligence back to Rackspace to help craft technical sales strategy and to focus product development on customers’ business needs.
In this role, you will interface with customers’ executive-level IT personnel at a business-strategy level in addition to working with developers, DevOps engineers, and other tactical contacts
Must be a Legal Permanent Resident of the US
Must reside in the continental US
Must be willing to obtain the CJIS clearance requirements
- Collaborates with Account Executives, Business Development Consultants, Account Managers, and Systems Engineers to identify and engage select high-potential customers.
- Collaborates consultatively with customers and prospective customers to analyze their strategic business goals and architect Rackspace solutions as key components of their overall IT landscape
- Collaborates with Rackspace leaders and personnel to facilitate complex, innovative, and often non-standard Rackspace solutions
- Must operate across organizational and computing “silos” to facilitate complex solutions
- Provides industry thought- leadership through deep relationships, both within Rackspace and within customer organizations, in online and print publications, and potentially at public speaking engagements
- Works with Rackspace leadership to help align the product roadmap and overall hosting strategy with customer demand
- Works closely with strategic partners to maximize our relationship, which could entail partner training and other activities
- Responsible for maintaining ongoing professional development with minimal guidance in order to provide current and forward-looking consultation to customers
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and practices
- Works with SWAN team and other Rackspace operational teams to architect large or strategic cloud and hybrid solutions, which will often involve solving for complex requirements with outside-the-box solutions that help shape and evolve solution architecture at Rackspace
- Partners with the Chief Sales Strategist on strategic SMB Sales opportunities, which should evolve from primary opportunity ownership to more of an advisory role to SMB sales personnel
- Meets with key technical thought leaders at Rackspace to help shape Rackspace strategy and the roadmap
- Works with marketing and product marketing to optimally align our marketing efforts with insights gained in the role
- Presents at trade shows, industry events, and Rackspace hosted functions as required
- Minimum of 10 years of combined technical support experience and pre-sales technical support experience required
- Must be a Legal Permanent Resident of the US.
- Must reside in the continental US.
- Must be willing to obtain the CJIS clearance requirements
- Strong knowledge of all Rackspace products, business units, and segments
- Deep understanding of Rackspace’s strategic partners, vision, and roadmap
- Extensive knowledge of competitors’ offerings, as well as their strengths and weaknesses, is essential
- Broad knowledge of IT systems in general, cloud and Internet technologies in particular, and the ongoing development of both
- Must have conversational knowledge of business finance, particularly as it relates to information technology
- Strong attention to detail
- Extraordinary writing, editing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong follow-through techniques
- Ability to lead and develop a team if necessary
- Proven ability and experience in systems analysis and cloud/hybrid architecture
- Able to “think outside the box” to consultatively and strategically architect complex IT systems to support customers’ strategic goals.
- Able to include future technologies in current discussions.
- Able to present technical and business concepts in a clear manner to VP/ Chief Officer-level customers and prospects, to speak their language, and to communicate proficiently with technical experts on a wide variety of IT subjects
- Must have a high degree of confidence and poise
- Must be able to gain the trust and respect of customers in order to gain high-level strategic insight into their business
- Expected to present to medium to large audiences at industry events, and to lead focus groups and roundtable discussions
- Able to build, maintain, and enhance business relationships
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in information technology or a related field required. Experience may substitute for a degree requirement at the equivalency of 3 years of experience to 1 year of education.
- Must be a Legal Permanent Resident of the US
- Must reside in the continental US
- Must be willing to obtain the CJIS clearance requirements
The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $126,000-$166,000.
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on Benefits –offered.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Rackspace Technology
Rackspace Technology operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX. Rackspace Technology was founded in 1998. It has 7509 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 239 open jobs at Rackspace Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description