Automation Test Engineer or Sr. Automation Test Engineer - T2C at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Develop and run automated tests to validate functionality and performance of software systems and partner with Product Owners and Developers to ensure code changes meet the agreed upon acceptance criteria. Communicate test results and anomalies to their team and others. You will report to the IT Manager, T2C.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
1. Write automated tests for APIs, user interfaces, batch processes, ETL processes, and serverless components.
2. Design tests scenarios through the review of user stories, requirements, and technical specifications using flow diagrams or other methods to clarify requirements.
3. Partner with Developers and DevOps Engineers to include automated test in CI/CD pipelines.
4. Prepare and acquire test data that reflects production scenarios.
5. Participate in peer reviews of automation code and test cases.
6. Partner with developers, Product Owners, and other team members to understand test automation needs.
7. Conduct root-cause analysis for problems encountered during testing and provide recommendations on resolution.
8. Monitor and review the results of automated and performance tests and makes results visible to other members of the team.
9. Mentors and trains others. Serves as a subject matter expert on testing methodologies and test automation.
10. Contributes to automated test methods, procedures, and standards.
11. May conduct manual testing.
12. Perform other duties as requested.
Senior Automation Test Engineer
- Senior: Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of related work experience
- Associate's degree or software testing certificate with 7+ years of related work experience
Automation Test Engineer
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related work experience or
- Associate’s degree and/or Software Testing Certificate and 5+ years of related work experience
- Quality Assurance Engineering methodologies and practices
- Software development Life Cycle and the importance of the QA function within the framework
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development
- Working knowledge of test case management and automated deploy practices such as CI/CD.
- Experience implementing and auditing automated test methodology and QA standards.
- Senior Automation Test Engineer will be a mentor for Automation Test Engineers
- Selenium or similar Web Testing Framework
- Cloud Platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- API and Microservice Architectures
- Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Communicate complex technical concepts to business partners
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Office 365
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Excellent system and process analysis
- Ability to tailor methodology and apply advanced analysis techniques to meet unique problems with a focus on creating unique solutions.
- Work effectively in a virtual organization.
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.