Automation Software Engineer (Remote) at Cisco Meraki
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Meraki’s Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying and configuring distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time from anywhere! Our customers aren’t limited to those who buy Meraki equipment, we measure our success by the experience of everyone who interacts with our product, from other teams across the organization to the end users of our customers’ networks.
As a Test Automation Software Engineer, you will join a newly forming testing group within the Dashboard Platform team. Your initial responsibilities will be very hands-on building out test coverage. Future opportunities include helping to build new test frameworks, as well as evangelism across the organization.
Potential Projects Include
- Articulating test plans and prioritizing them for automation
- Building out our suite of BDD functional tests
- Assisting in the development of our testing framework
- Integrate end to end tests into build pipelines
- Create dashboards for monitoring and alerts around test failures
- Develop and evangelize good testing practices
- Mentor other engineers on how to write quality tests & improve existing ones
You are an ideal candidate if...
- 2+ years hands on experience building and maintaining test suites, preferably with open source frameworks such as Cypress, Selenium, etc.
- You are a proven technical communicator
- You are an enthusiastic advocate for testing best practices
- Data and metrics driven to inform decisions
- Ability to weigh technical trade-offs against business goals
- You hold deep technical curiosity
Bonus Points for the Following
- Experience with Cucumber and Cypress and/or Rails
- Experience with Postgres or other RDBMS
- Experience with CI systems
- Experience with Docker and/or other container technologies
- Knowledge of networking systems generally, or Meraki specifically
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with breathtaking views of the Bay Bridge and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose and Chicago. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco’s vaccination policy.