Formic Technologies is creating a world of abundance by unlocking robotic automation for small to mid-sized American manufacturers. Our mission is to continue the American legacy of innovation by increasing productivity and production capacity 10X. We combine proprietary software tooling and intelligent control with advance fleet management and financial innovation with a mastery of robotics. We enable manufacturers to deploy and scale automation quickly and with minimal risk, and believe that technology doesn’t change the world until you make it accessible to those who need it most.
We make building things easy and believe every factory should have access to unlimited labor through automation. As the world moves toward inflation and shortages, Formic is doing everything it can to reverse that trend. In the 18 months we've been in existence we've grown faster than any robotics company in history, and we're only just getting started.
Supporting us in this vision, with investments thus far totaling over $30 million, are backers including Lux Capital, Initialized Capital, Balaji Srinivasan and CEOs of multiple fortune 50 companies.
Join us to build the world's largest robot workforce, and fundamentally change the way that everything gets made - from aircraft parts to shredded lettuce, lattes to sheet metal, lawnmowers to candy corn, and everything in between.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own for the management, coordination and communication of sales activities within a designated team of sales engineers
- Support the company vision through ownership and accountability for the companies overall sales and profitability
- Provide leadership and coaching of the sales staff within the newly formed sales engineering team
- Lead and drive the Sales Engineering Team to execute their job duties by creating a harmonious, challenging, rewarding and fun culture
- Ensure the team is maintaining excellent customer service
- Research and develop strategies and plans that identify sales opportunities for new and existing customers
- Direct, mentor and coach the sales team to achieve objectives in a way that clearly defines their role and responsibilities and sets challenging yet attainable expectations
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs and results
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts and coordinates the management of all other accounts
- Assess market conditions, identify current and prospective sales opportunities and develop forecasts, financial objectives for the team
- Build and manage a team via interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving issues
- 10+ years of selling experience to the Food & Beverage manufacturing industry OR packaging industry OR metal fabrication and machining industry
- Experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, account development, and business planning
- Strong knowledge of factory automation sales process, methods, practices, and techniques
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive base salary
- Equity in Formic
- One-time home office setup allowance of $3,000 USD
- Unlimited PTO
- Regular off-site events
- 401k & FSA
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to our VP of People at [email protected]
More Information on Formic Technologies
Formic Technologies operates in the Robotics industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL. Formic Technologies was founded in 2020. It has 53 total employees. To see all 23 open jobs at Formic Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description