Pluralsight is the technology workforce development company that helps teams build better products by knowing more and working better together. Using our Skills and Flow products, teams can develop critical skills, improve processes and gain insights through data.
We build this exciting product ecosystem by working with smart people and uniting behind a passion for what tech can create. We're a group of good-natured, nimble go-getters dedicated to helping people and businesses build better with technology. That means when we see opportunities to create, we go for it. We don't let the unknown stop us from solving challenges and winning together. And most importantly, we treat each other like adults. If you can see possibilities where others see problems, have candid conversations to ensure all voices are heard and thrive in a collaborative environment, you'll do some of the best work of your career here.
At Pluralsight, we are crafting next generation Hands-on Code Labs and Projects content. Are you a flexible, full-stack developer who enjoys diving into new challenges every day? We are looking for an outstanding Author - Software Development who works well on a team and has excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
The Author - Software Development role will be primarily responsible for designing and developing Hands On Python content and as needed creating content for Pluralsight in the Software Developer Content Domain.
Who you're committed to being:
- An Educator with strong narration and writing skills
- A builder with a curious mind and exceptional attention to detail, who loves crafting outstanding software.
- A problem solver who cares about the customer/learner and always finds a way around obstacles.
- A life-long learner who views every experience as an opportunity to grow and improve.
- A teammate who values psychological safety, welfare, and the success of your team and the entire organization.
- Self-started with great communication skills.
- Able to create with possibility and challenge the status quo.
- Love working across multiple technologies, learning new languages, and tools.
What you'll own:
- Develop Hands On Python content to be published on the Pluralsight platform while demonstrating a fundamental understanding of how to teach and plan content for teaching
- Design and develop validation (unit tests) for Hands-on Code Labs and Projects.
- Help support Hands-on content releases through beta testing, test reviews and launch, ensuring releases are error-free, and fixing bugs when needed.
- Participate in the creation of Hands-on Code Labs and Projects.
- Document workflows and processes for External Authors.
- Continue to learn new technologies and grow to meet the needs of evolving projects.
Experience you'll need:
- Building and deploying Python applications from start to finish, as well as APIs for internal and external consumption.
- Solid understanding of test automation and unit testing practices in several languages.
- Experience using common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- High standards for code quality and experience developing unit tests using standard automation frameworks, including mocha or pytest. You should also have experience using mock objects.
- Knowledge of Linux systems and tools, bash, and automation.
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases.
- Some experience with Docker and concepts related to containerization.
Bonus points for experience with or an eagerness to learn:
- Experience with any of these languages: C#, Elixir, Go, Java.
- Experience working on a distributed team.
- Open-source software contribution history.
- Ability to prototype designs in working code.
- Background in instructional design or technical writing.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.