Associate Solutions Engineer (Remote - Houston, TX) at Couchbase
| Houston, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:12 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Location: This position will be a remote role with the candidate based in the Houston, TX area.
We are looking for Associate Solutions Engineers to support the rapidly growing Couchbase user community and help drive customer success. Our Solutions (Pre-Sales) Engineers are the primary technical field experts, responsible for actively driving and managing the technical part of a sales engagement. This includes explaining NoSQL advantages, how Couchbase works and can be used to solve the customer’s problem, all with a good dose of getting customers excited about using this new approach for fast & scalable databases.
Whenever customers do a POC or hands-on evaluation, our Solutions Engineers help drive these by answering their questions and troubleshoot, so you will be hands on with technology.
Click this link to view a video where the hiring manager explains the role in more detail: https://couchbase.careers.video/webinar_se-atlanta
- Show customers how to solve their problems and meet their requirements with Couchbase and get them excited about NoSQL database technology
- Work closely with the sales team on account strategy and identifying additional opportunities in existing accounts
- Ensuring the success of customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution.
- Developing and delivering exceptional company/product presentations and demonstrations
- Work with all technical levels (managers architects and developers) to explain Couchbase and its uses
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to provide feedback from the field and represent the customer perspective
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely to customers or potential customers
- Outgoing personality and confident in talking to people with differing backgrounds (Developers, Architects, Database Admins)
- Proactive in engaging with customer
- Passion for diving into technical issues and solving customer problems
- Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment
- Linux experience as a development platform and basic administration.
- RDBMS experience including schema modelling, performance tuning and configuration
- Public/Private Cloud experience as a development platform and basic administration.
- Programming/development experience (Java, .NET, C, C++, Go, Node.js, PHP, Python, Scala).
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases a big plus.
- Track record of Open Source contributions
- Working knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion, CVS).
- Awareness of Open Source software development practices.
- An understanding of functional programming would be helpful but not essential.
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on.
As a 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited time off (DTO), matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities:
* Compare Couchbase vs. MongoDB
* Compare Couchbase vs. Oracle
* Browse the Developer Portal
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance our Candidate Privacy Notice.
More Information on Couchbase
Couchbase operates in the Database industry. The company is located in Santa Clara, CA and San Francisco, CA. Couchbase was founded in 2009. It has 700 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 25 open jobs at Couchbase, click here.
Read Full Job Description