Associate Software Engineer at Berkadia
Associate Software Engineer
The Associate Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting the software development lifecycle by planning, programming, testing, and delivering with the team. This individual should have excellent communication skills, technical knowledge, problem-solving skills, and the ability to learn rapidly.
- Analyze requirements and collaborate with product owners, team members, and architects to help design and implement solutions.
- Learn and use TDD best practices to build and test code to validate functionality against requirements that ensure quality software.
- Document code, designs, and implementations that enable future success for other engineers.
- Accurately estimate complexity and time in an agile fashion.
- Utilize the software development life cycle to deliver incremental value over time.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities, requirements, and scope as needed while planning or developing software implementations.
- Demonstrate self-development by staying current with new technologies, best practices, and design patterns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to Berkadia’s policies and exhibit proficiency and understanding of Berkadia’s Values and position-specific skills.
- Experience using version control such as Git
- Strong desire to learn
- 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
- 401K match up to 6%
- 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Mentorship with industry professionals
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: [email protected]
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.