Associate Software Engineer (Open LMS) COL, Bogotá, Remote at Learning Technologies Group plc
Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners across the globe. In partnership with our community of educators, we continually innovate to better enable educators, parents, and learners of all types to teach, learn, connect, and communicate whenever they want and wherever they are. Most importantly, we help every student achieve their full potential through access to lifelong learning.
We also offer a full portfolio of education technologies including exclusive reseller relationships for web conferencing, accessibility improvement, and innovative content offerings from both and Learning Technologies Group.
For more information about Open LMS, please visit our website, and hit our YouTube channel to get a feel for our culture and meet members of the team.Role Description
As a member of our Product Development team, you’ll work in an agile environment delivering industry-leading SaaS products and web service platforms.
The Candidate will have these required skills:
- Some experience designing, writing, and deploying scalable software
- Some hands on experience with the LAMP stack, SQL databases, and web application development
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented design and coding skills
- Has strong oral and written communication skills, can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, and is fluent in English
- Is a quick learner with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Some experience writing unit and integration tests
- Can work with a team of engineers on cross-functional agile projects
- Has an understanding of data structures, algorithm analysis, and design skills
- Experience with Moodle preferred
- Experience with cloud-based hosting solutions (AWS) is preferred
- English B2 or higher
- Knowledge of Moodle
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.