Associate Release Engineer at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:20 p.m. (CST) on Sunday, January 9, 2022
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
Veeva Systems is looking for an Associate Release Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. This is a hands-on position to deliver customer success with each new release. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with Engineering and Technical Operations to support release and change management process
- Execute and manage deployments to QA/Dev/Production environments
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Collaborate with key Development and Quality Assurance stakeholders in developing and executing a robust test and release process
- Facilitate resolution of deployment problems with Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Operations
- Proactively identify, recommend and implement software release process improvements to maximize efficiency
- Create and maintain Release Deployment documentations
- Drive end to end release approval documentations
- Knowledge of IT Concepts and technical standards
- Familiarities with CI tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with source code version control systems such as Git and branching strategy
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, distributed computing environments
- Skill with one or more scripting languages, Shell, Perl, and Python experience highly desired
- Self-starter with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Must be able to work in a team setting and collaborate well with others
- Understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s in Mathematics or Computer Science/Applications or similar field
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or better is required
Nice to Have
- Participation in Code Hackathons and Other open-source community activities
- AWS Knowledge
- Internship / Training experience in Software Releases.
- Exposure with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and EC2
- Some experience in build and release engineer activities
- Knowledge of Java programming
- SaaS product delivery is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL programming
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]