Devo is the only cloud-native logging and security analytics platform that releases the full potential of your data to empower bold, confident action. With unrivaled scale to collect all of your data without compromise, speed to give you immediate access and answers, and clarity to focus on the signals that matter most, Devo is your ally in protecting your organization today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, TCV, General Atlantic, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kibo Ventures and Eurazeo. Learn more at www.devo.com
Devo is proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work®.
Professional Services Engineers are responsible for systems implementation, configuration, training, and content development for our customers of the Devo Data Analytics Platform.
We are seeking candidates with unique and diverse experience, backgrounds and education. If you have a passion for information technology we will train you to be successful!
- Develops and delivers detailed technology solutions, based on Devo’s platform, through consulting project activities.
- Support system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, problem identification, and solution deployment.
- Develops parsers, dashboards, alerts and other content in the Devo platform based upon customer requirements.
- Operates as part of a project team consisting of other PS engineers and technical program managers to achieve and exceed customer goals and expectations.
- May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities.
- Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization.
- Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex technology solutions and integrating architecture.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer in internal meetings.
- The job may require up to 10% travel.
- BS/BA degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Preferred 2+ years’ experience in a professional services implementation and/or software engineering role.
- Experienced in development of regular expressions for extracting/parsing data preferred
- Experience developing scripts with python is preferred.
- Willing to learn AWS (S3, lambda, CloudTrails, etc) is highly desired.
- Willing to learn queries and working with big data.
- Must have ability to work with customers/clients to install and configure technology products is required.
- Experience with cyber security or enterprise log management products is preferred.
- Preferred experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates proficient and effective presentation skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with configuring/installing SIEM or Security tools such as Splunk, Elastic, Arcsight, Qradar, Tanium, Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, and similar products is highly desirable
- Preferably have worked for a SIEM vendor or deployed a SIEM.
- Preferably have worked in a SOC and/or delivered consulting in this area.
- Customer Service or Technical Services preferred
- Python preferred
- Linux/Windows Operating Systems preferred
- Cyber Security experience is preferred
Why work at Devo?
You’ll join a Great Place to Work® certified company where we value our people and provide the tremendous opportunities that come with a hyper-growth organization.
Be part of an international company with a strong team culture that celebrates success. Share our core values: Be bold - Be Inventive - Be humble - Be an ally.
A flexible work environment that lets you work in the way that works best for you — in office, fully remote, or hybrid.
Work in an environment that will challenge you and enable you to grow as a professional. Our professional development programs include:
Company-paid job-related technical certifications, plus you can earn a bonus for achieving certain certifications.
Personal development plans based on career paths and free access to an extensive variety of online learning courses.
Company-funded learning opportunities for professional development. (ex. conferences, classes, certifications)
Full support for internal job movements as part of career development.
Comprehensive benefits, including:
Flexible health benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage.
401(k) program with company match.
Employee Stock Option plan.
14 weeks of fully paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of new children.
A monthly stipend to help set up your home office.
Rewards & Recognition program.
Employee referral program — get a bonus for helping friends get jobs at Devo!
Office centrally located in Kendall Square, Cambridge, featuring a well-stocked kitchen with free coffee, cookies, and fruit every day, lunch on Wednesdays, and an in-office gym!
Matching donations program — it is important to give back to our community. Devo matches employee donations to many charitable organizations that further our values and those of our employees .
Gender and diversity initiatives to increase visibility, inclusion and belonging.