Associate Principal, Clearing, Pricing and Risk (QA) at OCC (Dallas, TX)
The Associate Principal is responsible for gaining an understanding of the new system to be tested. This individual will be involved in both the technical side of the system as well as understand what the business user expects the system to do. The associate analyst will prepare test cases, test plans, create test data and define the expected result. The associate analyst will document test results and report progress.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with product team throughout the Lifecycle to assist and support the analysis, design, development, and effective and efficient implementation of developed systems/applications.
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies including the daily SCRUM.
- Conducts regression, and systems testing on newly designed or modified applications/systems.
- Thoroughly analyze, test, and document software quality to ensure proper implementation.
- Writes clear and precise defect reports as required for identified software defects and functional defects based on testing results.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner all time delays or defects in the software immediately to appropriate team members and management.
- Assist with departmental and new employee training.
- Provides updates to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform thorough testing of domain applications for business requirements in agreed architecture framework and Agile environments.
- Review unit and integration tests based on chosen DevOps frameworks.
- Collaborate with team in application and project risk analysis and recommend quality improvements.
- Design and develop scripts to run automated tests to ensure consistency, repeatability, and accelerate delivery.
- [Required] Trained in testing methodologies.
- [Required] Experience with SQL in various types of relational databases
- [Required] Can participate in all Agile ceremonies including the daily SCRUM.
- [Required] Understanding of basic LINUX commands
- [Required] Good verbal and written communication skills.
- [Required] Understanding of the Testing process.
- Ability to work with employees within and from other departments.
- Ability to create and modify scripts for re-useable processes when necessary.
- Ability to create and update processes and procedures.
- Ability to make use of automation tools as necessary.
- Knowledge of Jira, Java, XML, Python, and relational database concept.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile-Scrum, UML, SOA, OOAD methodologies
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, tools, and technologies such as GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Compose, K8s, Harness, Kafka, Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, Containers
- Experience working with Cloud ecosystems (AWS preferred)
Education and/or Experience
- [Preferred] BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field
Certificates or Licenses
- [Preferred] OCP Java SE 8 Programmer Certification is a plus
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC , please click here .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer