Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
The ideal candidate will be focused on enabling a team of engineers to do their best work. You will work closely with cross functional teams to identify and refine opportunities for enabling automations for our small business users. You will provide direction and insight to the engineering team, but prefer enabling team members to create the solutions themselves.
What you'll do:
- You'll lead and grow a team of talented software engineers.
- You'll cultivate a healthy team culture of inclusion and equity.
- You'll cultivate healthy channels for communication, review, and feedback. Facilitate open and honest dialogue within the team, drawing on the broad experiences and diverse perspectives of team members.
- You'll maintain a sense of camaraderie, cooperation, and collaboration among team members. Support and encourage those who face challenging situations.
- You'll align groups of people along shared goals.
- You'll support employees in their skill development in ways that meet both strategic organizational goals and their individual objectives.
- You'll recognize when it's necessary to talk through difficult topics and deliver clear, candid, and actionable feedback.
- You'll promote continuous improvement of the team's code, architecture, automation, and agile processes
- You'll build cross-functional relationships with teammates across Product, Design, Project Management, and more.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience building and shipping software and are comfortable working through both technical and organizational uncertainty.
- You have worked in an agile environment and understand the process and concepts
- You are enthusiastic about people, process, and technologies, and are able to inspire and motivate others.
- You have experience leading 2-5 person teams or groups on projects
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.