Associate Engineer at Acquia
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia’s Drupal Acceleration Team works on realizing Dries Buytaert's (Drupal's project lead and Acquia's CTO) vision of empowering site builders to create ambitious websites and digital experiences with little or no code. We are currently focusing on:
- Adding an automatic updates feature to Drupal, so that site owners can keep their sites secure without having to manually apply updates every month.
- Adding a project browser to Drupal, so that site builders can find and install contributed modules and themes as easily as people can install an app on their smartphones.
- Making more of Drupal's capabilities, such as UI-editable menus, available to websites built with React, Vue, or other front-end frameworks.
This position offers an opportunity to work alongside some of the world's leading Drupal experts, including multiple Drupal maintainers who know the code and the community deeply. Bring your desire to contribute to a long-lived, popular, open source project that powers millions of websites and tens of thousands of downstream projects, and we will mentor you on how to do that.
You can expect a collaborative, independent environment and an opportunity to learn how to engineer stable, accessible, and performant systems.Responsibilities:
- Advocate for and build community consensus around the best approach to Drupal’s current and future needs.
- Contribute code and tests to Drupal core and contributed projects—on Drupal.org and elsewhere—in order to accelerate the Drupal community’s progress.
- Support teammates and community contributors with code reviews, constructive feedback, and brainstorming.
- Work with teammates, the engineering and product managers, and the CTO to determine priorities and timelines for delivering value to Acquia through Drupal.
- Respond to escalations that include investigation, planning, communicating, and incidence resolution in your areas of expertise.
- Analyze upstream dependencies for code quality, requirements and software reliability.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate aptitude and interest in the following skills. Please bear in mind that this is not a list of requirements. An insatiable appetite for learning, a willingness to accept new challenges, and a spirit of technical humility are far more important than any individual skill listed below.
- Familiarity with version control
- Familiarity with object oriented programming
- Willingness to participate in a very rigorous code review process
- Interest in user interface design
The Associate Software Engineer reports to a Drupal Acceleration Team Engineering Manager and is a part of the Drupal Acceleration Team. The Drupal Acceleration Team works with their corresponding Product team and the CTO to set priorities and timelines.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law
Interested residents of Colorado may contact [email protected] as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.