Associate Backend Developer -Jumpstart Training Program at Rightpoint (New York City, NY)
Something Digital has recently joined forces with Rightpoint, a global experience leader and a Genpact company. Now called Rightpoint Commerce
Genpact, a global professional services firm focused on delivering digital transformation, today announced the expansion of its experience business, Rightpoint, with the acquisition of Something Digital. The addition of Something Digital’s deep commerce expertise to Rightpoint’s customer experience leadership, will further enable the company’s ability to drive experience-led transformation at scale for clients across industries.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to create phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint Commerce is looking for an inspired, self-starting, motivated Associate Backend Developer with great communication skills and a broad, web-oriented technical skillset. Someone who wants to analyze, solve and build world class e-commerce solutions.
Jumpstart Program Overview
Rightpoint’s Jumpstart program is an exceptional professional development program for recent computer science graduates joining the workforce. As part of the 8-week accelerated training program, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself with knowledge assessments that will prepare you for real-world client and project scenarios, shadow your new colleagues to understand various roles within the Commerce team, obtain platform certifications, and have an assigned mentor to help ease the transition from school-life to Rightpoint-life through thoughtful guidance and structured support.
We’ll need you to:
- Analyze and solve problems
- Install and configure CMS and ecommerce platforms for new clients
- Implement and develop e-commerce and CMS customizations as per specification
- Collaborate with a team of passionate professionals in various disciplines (System administration, creative, marketing, sales) to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Gather and understand client requirements
- Unit test and take accountability for the quality of your work
- Estimate effort required to implement changes and enhancements
We’d Love to See:
- 1+ years’ experience with PHP
- 1+ years’ experience building web applications on some form of framework or CMS – preferably Magento, WordPress, or Drupal
- 1+ years’ experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with the LAMP stack
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
It’d be great if you had:
- Experience optimizing and refactoring application code
- Optimized web server configurations and have experience scaling web applications
- Experience with load testing suites like Gatling or Siege
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Computer Science degree
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint:
- Flexible PTO – If you need a day off or an extended vacation, take the time!
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open office or Remote…You choose!
- Great insurance coverage (Multiple Options) and flexible spending accounts
- 401K with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Community Volunteer Opportunities, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, and more
- Monthly WFH
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: We care about making Rightpoint a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization to bring about meaningful and measurable changes to representation, team member experience, and client engagement. Here’s how:
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): Our ERGs are created and run by team members who share a common community, identity, or allyship. Right now, our ERGs include Parents, Pride, POC, and Womxn. These groups play a vital role in contributing to Rightpoint’s inclusive environment where all are valued and empowered to succeed
- Partnerships: Out-in-Tech, POINT Foundation, WomenHack, Girls Inc., and more!
- Mentorship Program
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.