At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
We are looking for someone who will help us architect our Next Gen TripActions platform and shared architecture. You will be responsible for developing and driving technology vision, strategy, and execution of the TripActions Platform. The Architect role reports to our SVP of Engineering. In this unique and highly strategic role, the person will work very closely with engineering leaders, distinguished engineers, the CPO, and product leaders to define and help execute our Next Gen platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with our Engineering Leader in the development of a comprehensive architecture strategy that supports the objectives of the business
- Serve as the primary steward and key voice of the architecture strategy, communicating decisions and tradeoffs to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the implementation of the architecture strategy, partnering with your architecture team, senior technical leaders, as well as Product Engineering teams to translate architecture into design
- Hire, inspire, and develop the TripActions architecture team into a best-in-class organization
- Own the technical roadmap, multi-year architectural strategy, and engineering standards that will guide TripActions to the next stages of growth communicated across all levels of the business.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least ten (10) years of experience in platform architecture (SaaS, PaaS) with at least three (3) years of experience in a similar leadership role in a high-growth startup
- Demonstrable experience and interest in architecting platform services (PaaS) ; expert level knowledge of relevant architecture/ design principles and patterns
- Demonstrable experience delivering cloud-native capabilities on AWS
- Proven experience and strong desire to lead, with experience leading teams of 5-10 senior technologists
- Servant leader with communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitor’s envy
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company values and ethics
- Advanced relationship management and communication skills, including partnering and consulting with executive/C-level roles
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Advanced degree in Computer Science strongly preferred