The restaurant industry is currently going through a major labor shortage. This situation will only worsen if there is an economic downturn, especially for quick service restaurants. Presto is the leader in next-gen automation technologies that help restaurants increase capacity, lower costs, and enhance guest experience by significantly improving labor productivity. We are experiencing rapid growth and are on our way to be publicly listed in September, 2022. Our solutions include:
● Voice: Guests and staff can place orders using conversational A.I. with over 95% accuracy (highest in the industry), even in noisy environments.
● Vision: Using just a few cameras equipped with computer vision, restaurants can measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, repeat visitors and implement real-time fixes.
● Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, the same Presto Flex can be deployed as a pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
Join us to be a part of a phenomenon that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry!
This particular role will work on the hyper-growth team responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining high-performance computer vision-enabled applications. These highly reliable applications generate value by understanding the real-time state of environments all across the country, and internationally. Team members can expect exposure to all areas of the technical stack, including advanced implementations of cutting-edge AI. We’re looking for a talented application engineer who’s eager to dive into challenges, own large pieces of core architecture, and assist us in executing toward wins we can celebrate.
This roles responsibilities include:
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining robust, mass deployed, multi-process systems that leverage synchronized input for computer vision applications
- Assisting in implementing computer vision models efficiently into a complex workflow
- Iteratively optimizing complex high-frequency process flows
- Ensuring the reliability and consistency of long-running applications
- Appropriately allocating system resources among a myriad of tasks and processes
- Thoroughly documenting and briefing others on core functionality
Here are some technical skills you should have:
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to build, deploy, and maintain scalable applications
- Advanced expertise with Python or C++
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with inter-process communication
- Experience working with sensor output
- Strong testing practices
- Linux familiarity
- Basic networking knowledge, including understanding how to communicate effectively locally
Experience working with these products and dependencies are a plus:
- AWS (S3, Lambda, RDS, Redshift)
- GCP (Storage, Functions)
- CI/CD Systems
With over 250,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest labor automation technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is headquartered in Silicon Valley, Calif., with customers including many of the top 20 restaurant chains in the U.S.
We invite you to visit our website to learn more about our recent funding and the plans to be publicly listed in September, 2022.
More Information on Presto
Presto operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Carlos, CA. Presto was founded in 2008. It has 281 total employees. To see all 28 open jobs at Presto, click here.
Read Full Job Description