Application Security Manager (Remote) at Cisco Meraki
As leader of the Application Security team, you have significant influence on the security of web, mobile, and cloud applications that power Meraki products and services. You will partner with teams across the organization to drive security assessments, architecture reviews, and promote secure development practices for all code written for the company, including teams that do not report up through engineering such as data sciences, marketing, or support tooling teams. Your team is passionate about scaling secure development lifecycle services that are interoperable across public cloud infrastructures, and internal enterprise applications.
Meraki Security Engineers affect change across the entire stack, from the UI and backend to the device firmware. By acting as a guardian of our customers’ networks and deployments, you will have a direct, immediate, and significant impact on our customers and the hundreds of millions of users who rely on Meraki access points, switches, security appliances, cameras, and mobile device management solutions every single day.
At Meraki, teams work on an exciting array of groundbreaking technologies from artificial intelligence & machine learning, to desktop agents, to container orchestration in the cloud and within IoT device firmware. We believe in fostering a positive culture by hiring, mentoring, and empowering smart, helpful, humble people and providing equal opportunities for all employees to thrive. With the support of management, we constantly look within for ways to improve organizationally. We maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and innovative resources of a larger company to change cloud-based networking as we know it. We are confident you will love it here!Key responsibilities for the Application Security team:
- Perform architecture and code review of complex cloud-based systems
- Engage with engineering teams to perform cloud, web, and mobile application security assessments
- Manage and triage vulnerability reports from security researchers participating in Meraki's bug bounty program
- Collaborate with teams to build secure Terraform and cloud-native CI/CD pipelines
- Work with engineers and technical leaders to help prioritize and remediate vulnerabilities
- Develop scalable automated security tools and frameworks that integrate into our vulnerability management program
- Collaborate with software engineers across product teams to refine the security posture of our cloud technologies and deployment practices
- Possess extensive experience leading application or product security teams that secure applications in agile development environments using agile methodologies
- Are an excellent communicator with the ability to articulate a clear vision that balances technical expertise, pragmatic understanding of the security landscape, principled decision making, user empathy, and data analysis
- Can articulate risk and put together a balanced, accurate team roadmap: not overly conservative but based on business-risk
- Are a cultivator who has built, leveraged and grown world-class security teams with an emphasis on security engineering excellence
- Have a deep understanding of key security concepts such as authentication, authorization, encryption, role-based access control, and security by design
- Actively participating in the security community by presenting at conferences, contributing to open source initiatives, or engaging in bug bounty programs
- Experience exploiting vulnerabilities in connected devices, web applications, mobile applications, or IoT ecosystems
- Proven knowledge of containers and cloud-native security with a thirst for knowledge
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.