Application Security Engineer (Software) at Intelerad Medical Systems (Sacramento, CA)
Improving healthcare through innovative technology is at the core of Intelerad’s work. Our scalable medical imaging platform connects clinicians to a powerful imaging ecosystem that is fast, smart, and tapped into the data they need, no matter their location. We’re focused on delivering a best-in-class medical image management solution that improves provider efficiency, decreases the cost of healthcare, and improves the overall health of populations.
Headquartered in Raleigh, NC and Montreal, Intelerad has nearly 800 employees located in offices across six countries. The company empowers nearly 2,000 healthcare organizations around the world with the speed, scalability, and simplicity needed to increase business performance while, most importantly, improving patient outcomes. Intelerad’s modern enterprise solutions have been acknowledged by a Best in KLAS recognition, ranking #1 for PACS Asia/Oceania in the 2021 Best in KLAS: Global Software (Non-US) report.Job Description
The Application Security Engineer (Software) is responsible for providing technical and operational expertise in information security systems, principles and practices to ensure the protection of patient health information managed by Intelerad’s software products.
The Application Security Engineer is also responsible for the evolution of the security architecture and solutions in support of current and new products in both cloud-based and on-premises solutions.
You will work with developers to find the vulnerabilities and produce code to secure our software. You know how to find issues within software and assess the software security issues. You are experienced with vulnerability management and threat modeling/risk assessments.
- Participates in product security architecture planning for both on-premises and cloud-based solutions
- Provides expert advice to development teams and acts as an Information Security subject matter expert on product development matters
- Conducts product security threat and risk assessments for all software products on a regular basis
- Interprets risk assessment results for applicability to IMS source code and deployed solutions
- Works with product & development managers for the assessment and prioritization of security related tasks in the development backlog
- Participates in the Security response team as needed related to code-level software vulnerabilities
- Improves the adoption of security best practices in testing, automation and continuous integration pipelines
- Broadens developer awareness of secure software development best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of pertinent experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience with a focus on Information Security
- Strong knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the-art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Strong knowledge of information security from a strategic and tactical point of view
- Experience developing software in Java, C#, C++, C, Python or Go
- Excellent understanding of software applications, network architectures and protocols, operating systems, and core infrastructure security concepts and concerns
All applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be required to complete a 30 minute online assessment as part of your application.
Intelerad and Ambra Health Combine to Form the Global Industry Leader in Cloud PACS and Enterprise Imaging
Intelerad Partners with Strategic Radiology to Bring Innovative Medical Image Management Solutions to More than 1,300 Radiologists Across the US
Meet Intelerad’s Leadership Team: https://www.intelerad.com/en/about/leadership-team/