Application Security Engineer (Remote) at Cisco Meraki
As a Senior Application Security Engineer at Meraki, you will be a key member of a team that prevents, finds, and fixes vulnerabilities in our products, services, and enterprise. You will partner with teams across the organization to perform architecture reviews, code security reviews, and promote secure development practices. You will seek out opportunities to build security into development pipelines and collect the data you need to understand the security posture of our systems.
Meraki Security Engineers affect change across the entire stack, from the UI and backend to the device firmware. By acting as a guardian of our customers’ networks and deployments, you will have a direct, immediate, and significant impact on our customers and the hundreds of millions of users who rely on Meraki access points, switches, security appliances, cameras, and mobile device management solutions every single day.
At Meraki, we are passionate about building real products that our customers love! We believe in encouraging a positive environment by hiring, mentoring, and empowering inquisitive, effective, low ego people and providing equal opportunities for all employees to thrive. With the support of management, we constantly look for ways to improve organizationally. We maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup atmosphere. We are confident you will love it here!Example projects for a Senior Security Engineer:
- Perform white-box penetration testing, design and code reviews of our product offerings.
- Write code to integrate security services into our CI/CD pipelines
- Lead security assessments and application penetration tests
- Work with engineers and leaders to help prioritize and remediate vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with software engineers across product teams to refine the security of our cloud technologies and deployment practices
- Can read and write code in Ruby or Python and enjoy learning new programming languages
- Thrive in finding and helping address security problems such as authentication, authorization and cryptography
- Feel comfortable using Linux
- Experience with enterprise cloud solutions and serverless applications
- A BS/MS/Ph.D in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Security Engineering, or a STEM field
- Experience using source-level debuggers, hardware/JTAG debuggers, network protocol analyzers, or logic analyzers to diagnose problems at all layers of the system
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.