Application Security Architect/Engineer at Fivesky
Are you obsessed with combatting security threats? Are you able to analyze, document, and offer alternative security solutions? Can you present your findings to Stakeholders and guide the developers to execute? If you have answered yes, then you might be Fivesky’s next Application Security Engineer/Architect.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of cybersecurity, development with at least the last 1 year of architecting security solutions.
- A security SME and versatile coder with the ability to use the best tool for the job.
- Current tools, but not limited to, are Java, Python & React.
- Experience assessing if the current security protocols at an enterprise level are fit for purpose.
- Work closely with stakeholders and present a POA/documentation and security solutions
- Can speak to developers and poke holes in their rationale for their design, and develop frameworks and push automation
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
What you’ve done:
- Act as an SME when it involves AppSec, InfoSec or Infrastructure security, designing and architecting solutions for your organization.
- Collaborate with other teams involved in architecture design.
- Identify potential risks of projects, document and address those risks and work with other teams to resolve the issue.
What you will do:
- Be hands-on with application, technology risk management, or infrastructure security assignments.
- Consult with teams (Engineering/Development) advising on cloud security requirements and then document the implementation
- Inspect current security processes and offer recommendations to all levels within the organization up to the C Suite.
- Knowledge of secure network design, entitlement design, database access, authentication methods , logging, input validation, security testing, encryption implementation, secure storage design and data transfer.
It would be awesome if you had some security experience with some of this too:
- Knowledge of securing SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS making recommendations on how to best secure the technology within the cloud environment.
- OAuth2, OpenID, SAML
- Containerization (Kubernetes)
- Network security technologies
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Columbus, OH. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.