Be a valued member of a team that provides integral support for our rating systems to support CNA's Commercial lines of Business. As a part of our Underwriting Services Organization, our goals are to improve efficiency in the foundational services that enable and facilitate CAN's Commercial business. In this role, directly partner with CNA's Commercial Actuarial organization to develop and implement rating rules and rates while ensuring compliance with each state. The role provides a unique opportunity to partner with our line of business partners, Actuarial and IT organizations by serving as a subject matter expert on rating. The successful candidate will have strong communication and technical skills, with excellent business acumen and the ability to multi-task, to ensure delivery of high-quality outputs and make impactful data-driven recommendations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Configure rating rules inside our business rating tool, Insbridge
- Evaluates complex business rating requirements and processes. Based off analysis, develop, implement and test rating rule or rate changes in the system.
- Ensure quality of rating solutions by performing review with peers, creating documentation of changes, completing unit and integration testing. Participates in systems testing with other IT staff.
- Manages and resolves rating incident and defects as they arise
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Requires a broad knowledge of the system development life cycle and system and application
program development alternatives.
2. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
3. Requires solid communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively among all levels of internal/external business partners/clients.
4. Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems or languages. Candidate will need to learn Insbridge, our Enterprise Rating Tool.
5. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced dynamic workforce.
6. Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, manages time and resources to accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
7. Solid project management skills and strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage work deliverables/projects effectively.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically a minimum four years of experience.