Application Engineer - Hardware-in-the-Loop at MathWorks (Detroit, MI)
Leverage your experience in real-time systems to help engineers achieve their design and performance goals. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Application Engineering team to support complex hardware-in-the-loop & rapid prototyping applications for automotive, aerospace, industrial automation and other industries!
In this pre-sales role, you will use your experiences to work with our customers on initial sets of requirements, evaluate and create proof-of-concepts, and refine, continuously communicate, and eventually propose a real-time simulation and testing solution for a given customer project. While this is a pre-sales role, this position involves significant technical work for proofs of concept and project support.
- Leverage Engineering experience to provide technical pre-sales support and guidance to our sales organization and customers in the areas of rapid prototyping and hardware-in-the-loop systems.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and recommend effective solutions that can improve the results of customer product development processes.
- Manage product evaluations - Prospective customers may require guidance while evaluating our products to prove their value within the constructs of a feasibility project.
- Prepare and deliver technical evaluations, demonstrations and presentations at both small customer meetings and to larger audiences at public and private events.
- Work closely with the worldwide MathWorks application engineering, development, and marketing organizations to further improve products, identify new application areas based on customer interactions, and develop accurate and compelling messaging and demonstrations.
- This role will require approx. 25 - 40% travel.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with Hardware in the Loop
- Knowledge of the software development processes.
- Experience with model-based design.
- Experience with real-time simulation and testing, embedded software engineering, rapid controller prototyping, and hardware-in-the-loop testing.
- Exposure to real-time hardware system such as Speedgoat, NI, dSPACE, Opal-RT, etc.
- Experience with CAN, LIN and automotive communication protocols
- Prior experience with MathWorks products. (Simulink, Stateflow, or Simscape)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.