Application Developer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
· What does ServiceNow do? We build Apps for businesses & have our own Cloud Platform to run them.
· Why does that matter to you? Most all-star developers envision themselves building their own company someday. Join our Applications Development team and learn what makes businesses more successful. Become more than a developer with us - learn how to exercise judgment on what to build & why businesses will love it.
· Sample projects: Configure and build CRM Applications, Build and launch an App on Store, Create new data visualizations & analytics for businesses, Infuse social collaboration across Apps
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
· 2-3 years Hands-on experience developing software.
· Knows or wants to learn how to translate business problems into software & technical requirements
· Likes to write code that works well, takes pride in code working correctly the first time
· Likes to write code from the foundation up i.e. has a natural tendency to build the core piece and layer on capabilities step-by-step
· Good understanding of SQL, JSON, AJAX, HTML/CSS/JQuery, XML concepts
· Cannot imagine anything other than an Agile development environment
· Can use Eclipse IDE, GIT, Maven, Ant and Jenkins or equivalent or work with those that do
· Experience working with Service Now Service Management or Platform (desirable)
· Understand Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/ Partner Relationship Management (PRM)/ Marketing domains (desirable).
· Has technical knowledge building REST/SOAP based APIs.
· Has high coding standards & can maintain them even when the pressure is on
· Is a developer at heart & thinks OO first
· Has a Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.