API Support Engineer at Vonage (Remote)
We help our customers create innovative and delightful customer experiences using our programmable communication building blocks. Through a choice of support offerings, we provide top-tier support for developers and enterprises. Our global technical team, skilled in development, communications technology and troubleshooting, help our customers rapidly resolve any issues, publish online knowledge articles, and communicate proactively for any incidents that occur.Why this role matters
As a Technical Support Engineer at Vonage, you will provide first-class technical support to our rapidly growing strategic customer base, who are integrating our Voice communication APIs and SIP trunking products.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...What you'll do
- Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues related to our Voice API and SIP products
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with our customers and internal stakeholders
- Problem solve, have a natural curiosity and demonstrate the ability to learn rapidly
- Contribute to internal and external knowledge bases
- Collaborate with your team to identify bugs and escalate to next-level support
- Communicate well with different audiences (developers, technical and non-technical users)
- Experience as a Technical Support Engineer or Developer Support Engineer in either the telecommunications or technology sectors
- Excellent knowledge and experience in troubleshooting RESTful APIs and/or VoIP implementations
- A good understanding of protocols such as SIP and proficiency in troubleshooting using packet capture tools
- Experience in proprietary server-side log analysis and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate excellent situational awareness in customer and task prioritisation.
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.