Android Engineer at Platform Science (Remote)
Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role:
We are looking for a qualified Android Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA. You will be hired to help enhance our mobile applications within our existing and new SaaS product offerings.
Some of our Android applications are still Java based and being transitioned, but all new code is written in Kotlin. We’re making use of things like MVVM, Kotlin Flows and Coroutines, and Android Jetpack libraries like Room and Hilt. Our mobile apps are driven by backend APIs written in PHP and JS/TS on Node.js so if you have experience there that’s a plus!
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years experience in Android development
- Experience working with: Java/Kotlin
- Experience with Room or SQLite DBs
- Experience working with RESTful and/or GQL APIs
- Good knowledge of MVVM, Dependency Injection, Flows, and Coroutines
- Experience writing unit tests, integration tests, and e2e test for Android apps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A solid portfolio of experience building mobile applications
- Good technical foundation with ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
- Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing
- A commitment to software craftsmanship and things like unit testing, code review, design patterns, etc
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Cloud native development in to AWS
- System Architecture Design
- Linux administration
- Big Data
- Hardware development
- PHP, Node, JS, TS, Python, or Golang
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (some plans for employees are 100% covered by Platform Science)
- Generous paid time off and company holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k matching
- Investment in your professional growth in the company