Alarm.com is looking to hire Software Engineer II on our Video Android team!
If you’re a passionate Android Engineer and you like the idea of being a key contributor on an app used by millions of people, read on.
What’s it like being a Video Android Engineer at Alarm.com?
We’re a small, tight-knit Mobile Development team that manages all video aspects of Alarm.com’s Android app. Every person we hire is given a lot of responsibility and a lot of power; your opinion can be a big part of what we do and how we do it. Alarm.com is an engineering focused company that develops across a broad range of technologies. We are a group of developers that gets a big sense of satisfaction from helping millions of people secure their homes. If that’s the kind of thing that appeals to you, you’re probably a good fit for Alarm.com.
We are seeking someone who has:
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering program
- 2+ years of professional experience working with key technologies for the Android platform
- Built Android apps, either published on the play store or unpublished but available on GitHub
- Fluency in Kotlin (the language we use), and/or Java (the language we are making effort to stop using), Gradle, Android SDK, Mockito
- Experience building APIs for mobile clients or wants to learn how to build APIs using C# and .NET
- Experience or willingness to work with streaming libraries such as GStreamer, FFMPEG, libwebrtc
- Passion for video streaming & analytics
Some cool things about our team:
- We write unit tests for all our code and use CI to automate them
- We are passionate about building a great user experience and a clean code base. We write tech designs for all our features and are deeply enthusiastic for knowledge sharing.
- We often take a break from feature development to innovate, research, integrate with new technologies
- Priorities shift and projects change, because of this our environment is fast paced and Agile.
- We work on video streaming for Android phones, tablets, Fire Stick TV as well as server-side APIs
We would love if you had (but it is fine if you don’t):
- Experience with RTSP/RTP, WebRTC or other video streaming technologies
- Experience with C++
- Experience with C# and .NET
- Experience with GStreamer
What’s in it for you?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
- A sunny office: Modern office with oxygen room, indoor cave, plenty of desk space
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for the smart home. Millions of home and business owners depend on our technology every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. We make the Smart Home broadly accessible by enabling easy automation and control across a range of connected devices through our single, intuitive user interface. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for its employee culture and the meaningful work we do every day to develop and bring to market new technology that will make millions of people safer and help them use energy more efficiently. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them. Our solutions are exclusively distributed through a network of authorized service providers.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options
with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.