Android Engineer II - Customer Identity Platform at Uber
About the Team
We're the Customer Identity Platform (CIP). Our team's mission is to create a unified and secure Uber identity that enables Uber products and partners to grow efficiently and at scale.
We own signup and login, account management, and 3rd party authentication, which are one of the most visited (>100k requests/sec) experiences across the entire Uber ecosystem. As an Android engineer, your work would be leveraged by the entire Uber ecosystem (Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, Elevate, U4B etc.) as well as third party applications (e.g. Alipay, McDonalds etc).
We develop innovative features for all kinds of users (enterprise/business, tech-savvy as well as the not-quite as tech-savvy), all over the world, and across multiple access mechanisms (web, smartphones, feature-phone, land-line phones, kiosks, 3rd party apps and devices)
What You'll Do
- Directly contribute to Uber's top priorities by driving user growth and helping bootstrap new verticals from the identity perspective.
- Revamp the signup and login experience that powers all Uber mobile properties across Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, U4B, etc.
- Design & develop new growth & security mobile projects from the ground up around signup and login & account management (eg: SSO, biometrics, recaptcha).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong experience in either Kotlin and/or Java
- 2+ years of professional experience building in either mobile platform/sdk/dev tools, or mobile consumer facing features
- At least two (2) years of software engineering experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.