Android Engineer I at LivePerson (Remote)
Android Engineer I
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including Citi, HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
About the Team:
You will work with a highly collaborative team that is focused on consumer-facing mobile conversational experiences that aim to delight through intent-based recognition. We are building new, scalable products that start with the customer intent and focus on conversational commerce and conversion. The team is focused on driving more consumers into messaging, recognizing their intents, and providing automation, commerce tools, and high customer satisfaction. We are seeking a driven, software engineer that has a natural passion to creatively solve customer pain points through building innovative solutions.
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team (PM, UX, engineering, science) team to transform business requirements into technical solutions and build both prototypes and production-grade applications
- Works very closely with other technical leads to make sure that the pieces of the complex system work well with the other dependent systems.
- Thoughtfully apply UI design principles & best practices for mobile & small screens
- Design mobile SDKs for Android that will power high-scale applications
- Identify & eliminate performance & scaling issues
- Be globally minded & inclusive - we are a global team and value the diverse contributions of others.
- Simplify complex architectures with a focus on developer experience
- Ensure compliance with security standards
- Debug production issues and help maintain existing code & participate in on-call rotations
- Development of technical specifications and documentation
Your qualifications are:
- Being a team player and collaborating in a remote environment with distributed teams
- Strong coding skills & ability to perform in a dynamic, agile & entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to solve complex development problems and produce the highest quality code while striving to push the technical boundaries of mobile applications
- Experience building mobile templates/applications. Building a mobile SDK product is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, organization and deep hands-on technical expertise
- Deep knowledge, understanding and design of mobile architectures (MVC, MVVM etc.)
- Experience with Java/Kotlin and Android SDKs
- Experience with GitHub and Jira
- Experience writing UnitTests and Automation tests
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts and tools is a plus
- BA/B.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in software development.
- 2+ years of experience designing, developing, and supporting enterprise-level software applications on the Android platform
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.