Android Engineer - Fintech at TripActions
TripActions LiquidTM is a next-generation spend management solution that is disrupting the market by offering virtual and physical corporate cards that eliminate the need for traditional expense reports—from approval submission to reconciliation. By tying the cards to customized spend policies and employees’ itineraries, TripActions Liquid automatically recognizes and files reports at time of purchase for real-visibility and control over spend.
In January 2021, TripActions announced its Series E funding of $155M at an upround valuation of $5B to help accelerate future growth plans. In April, TripActions and Visa announced an expanded strategic partnership. Through the new partnership with Visa, TripActions will accelerate the growth of its next-generation corporate card offering, increasing access to flexible payment methods with built-in policy controls.
The Role: Android Engineer (Liquid)
We're seeking Android Engineers to join our Liquid Team who possess a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android Engineer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build a new generation of our mobile applications within the payments and expense management space.
This is a very unique role which combines the small team feeling of a startup launching a brand new product, with the perks, opportunity size and impact of an established company. Our team is building the next big thing, from scratch, but all within the hyper-growth context of TripActions. You have a chance to heavily impact the roadmap of a nascent product and organization.
What You'll Do:
- Re-imagine how payments and expense management works
- Quickly implement and iterate on new and innovative ideas
- Collaborate with designers and engineers
- Analyze and optimize UI for quality, efficiency and performance
- Work collaboratively with Product managers and designers on defining the best mobile user experience
- Live and breathe beautiful mobile experiences
What We're Looking For:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience building high-quality Android apps
- A strong understanding of the full life cycle of app development using Google's Developer Portal
- Experience building consumer facing apps and have published apps in the market
- Experience designing, developing, debugging and deploying software for mobile development using Kotlin as the primary language
- You understand the nuances of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to effectively write code for a multitude of Android devices
- Knowledge of Android design principles and third-party libraries
- Experience with cloud messaging API’s, offline storage, background processing, threading, and performance tuning, caching and performance optimization
- Prior experience building RESTful API’s focusing on integration with back-end services
- Experience with cloud messaging API’s, offline storage, background processing, threading, and performance tuning, caching and performance optimization.
- A solid foundation of modern data structures, algorithms, and software design and can consistently deliver testable, scalable, highly-readable code using OO best practices.
- Hands on experience with continuous integration
- Kotlin, RxAndroid & Dagger2 experience
- Experience with MVVM/ MVP
- iOS development experience