Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
Who You Are:
Platform Science’s Advanced Technology Group (ATG) is hiring an Android Engineer focused on innovating future transportation HMI systems for vehicles using Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and Android Automotive (AAOS). Reporting to the Sr. Architect in ATG, and working with a team of passionate colleagues, you will play a key role in shaping the future of our company.
You will be responsible for features that directly impact the driver and fleet experience, focused on making intuitive, safe, smart and scalable solutions. You will collaborate with Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Platform Science’s core Android team to deliver proven architectural concepts and prototypes to pave the company’s roadmap. You are familiar with Android best practices and have your finger on the pulse of the latest capabilities in OS and patch releases.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years experience in Android development
- Experience working with Java/Kotlin
- Experience with Room or SQLite DBs
- Experience working with RESTful and/or GQL APIs
- Good knowledge of MVVM, Dependency Injection, Flows, and Coroutines
- Experience writing unit tests, integration tests, and e2e test for Android apps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A solid portfolio of experience building Enterprise mobile applications
- Good technical foundation with ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
- Desire to learn new technologies and implement proof-of-concepts
- A commitment to software craftsmanship and things like unit testing, code review, design patterns, etc
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Android Automotive
- Cloud native development in to AWS
- System Architecture Design
- Linux administration
- Big Data
- Hardware development
- PHP, Node, JS, TS, Python, or Golang
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (some plans for employees are 100% covered by Platform Science)
- Generous paid time off and company holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k matching
- Investment in your professional growth in the company
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MD, MN, MO, NC, NH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.