Digital Turbine is looking for an exceptional Remote Android Developer to be part of our growing family. Come join us in pushing the limits of advertising technology within the scope of compelling news and information apps. This Remote Android Developer position requires a proven ability to understand and implement business requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems in an Agile environment.
Key Responsibilities of the Remote Android Developer:
- Work with a team of several other Android engineers
- Review architecture, designs, code changes, and ensure overall app quality
- Act as subject matter expert for various Android versions and SDKs
- Help to solve the most difficult or complex problems of the team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize new software products and features
- Develop scalable and cost-effective software systems that utilize best practices and meet business requirements
Minimum Job Requirements of the Remote Senior Android Developer:
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- Experience with OOP, Kotlin, Java and Git
- Prior work with Firebase Cloud Messaging, Analytics, Crashlytics
- Familiar with consuming web services and using RESTful APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Preferred Experience of the Remote Android Developer:
- Strong knowledge of memory management, process lifecycle, threads and thread handlers in Android
- Familiar with Agile software practices and computer networking concepts
- Experience with TDD and Junit
- Prior work with product flavors that target a wide variety of Android devices (e.g., Android versions, device sizes, manufacturers)
- Ability to thrive in a distributed, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Background with server application development and cloud platforms such as AWS or GCF
- Familiar with hybrid mobile apps
About Digital Turbine
Digital Turbine is the largest independent mobile growth platform and levels up the landscape for advertisers, publishers, carriers, and OEMs. By integrating a full ad stack with proprietary technology built into devices by wireless operators and OEMs, Digital Turbine supercharges advertising and monetization. As a titan of ad tech, we simplify mobile growth and monetization for publishers and advertisers.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce's Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives!