Algo: Tracking & State Estimation - Senior Research Engineer at TuSimple (Detroit, MI)
This opportunity is located in San Diego or Bay area. Remote friendly during COVID-19
You can apply to the job with this email address:
We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving truck system to address the truck fright industry’s most pressing challenges. We believe self-driving trucks will deliver reliable, low-cost capacity while setting a new standard for safety, fuel efficiency, and emission.
At the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe, TuSimple is leading the industry in autonomous trucking with breakthroughs in Artificial Intelligence and the development of the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Our team develops cutting edge technologies to help our truck perceive the world. You will play an important role in creating novel algorithms to solve the most challenging perception problems and applying your solution to the fleet of trucks at scale.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Temporal association of data from multiple sensors, including camera, LiDAR, RADAR and more
- Object tracking and state estimation in challenging real world scenarios
- Encoding perception uncertainty and collaborate with prediction team to make the system safe and robust
- Formulate, design, and deliver innovative solutions to the most challenging perception problems
- Initiate and lead new projects that advance the state-of-the-art
- Enable and empower other engineers on the team through design, code reviews, and coaching
- Collaborate with other engineers on system integration and cross functional efforts
- Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or other related fields.
- 3+ years of professional experience working with autonomous vehicles or robotics systems.
- Extensive experience in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics, or Probabilistic Modeling
- Track record of driving ML or Robotics research projects from conception to productization.
- Production-quality coding skill in C++ and/or Python.
- Expertise in at least one of these areas: time series and sequence modeling, probabilistic graphical models, multi-object tracking, statistical state estimation, or a similar field.
- Experience in deploying algorithms and models into real-world real-time systems
- Knowledge and expertise in performance optimization for CPU, GPU, or neural network applications
- Experience with designing software applications for safety critical systems
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.