Spot AI was formed by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and Samsara, with the mission of visually indexing the physical world and making that data useful to everyone at work.
With an easy-to-use AI camera system, Spot AI unlocks the power of video data, transforming that into Video Intelligence that helps companies improve their security, safety, efficiency, and more.
In the world of Video Surveillance, security pros would access systems once in a few months to catch the bad guy. In the new world of Video Intelligence, everyone at work - including operations pros, environmental health and safety, security, and the frontline workforce - will all use video intelligence to make better decisions every day.
Spot AI has been quietly building its technology and customer base since founding in 2018, and already has hundreds of customers and thousands of users. Notably, its customers reach well beyond tech early adopters, including transportation company Cheeseman, Mixt, and Northland Cold Storage.
In 2021, Spot AI scaled bookings 10x and is continuing to grow aggressively. Backed by Redpoint, Bessemer, and Village Global, Spot AI is well-positioned to disrupt the $30b video surveillance market and lead the $100b Video Intelligence movement.The Role
We are looking for the an Engineering Manager to join our AI/ML team. You will help hire and will lead the entire ML engineering team at Spot AI. Your team will architect and productize AI and big data computer vision solutions for Spot AI’s customers. This is an opportunity to implement novel solutions that will have a real-world impact on thousands of businesses and democratize the use of AI.
We are looking for leaders who have experience in building and shipping, bringing a mix of passion and creativity together with a pragmatic approach. Work in or adjacent to AI or ML is a big plus, but strong people managers who can enable their teams are our top priority.
We are looking for high performers who want to make a significant contribution to the company and the world. You must also be passionate about leading and building teams of great engineers.Responsibilities:
- Keep your team engaged and supported. Ensure that they have opportunities for career growth, have clear goals, and are working on high-value projects that challenge them.
- Lead the ML team to develop and release video intelligence features end-to-end, optimizing for quality and speed of execution.
- Enable your teams to deliver high quality video intelligence technical product architecture, from data architecture and engineering to model training and serving
- Define positions and hire the ML engineering and data science team as well as product engineers to help build features on that ML data
- Working closely with other engineers and design teams to implement and iterate on features
- Building, working with and coaching an extremely high caliber engineering team
- Developing video intelligence products from inception to production, with lots of ownership and opportunities to implement novel solutions
- Delivering video intelligence features in ways that are thoughtful about end user privacy, such as on-device models and federated training
- A combination of ownership over your team’s work, accountability for outcomes, and strong support from senior and executive leadership
- Opportunities to work directly with customers to better understand their use-cases for iterating on future product roadmap
- Experience with the direct management of AI, ML, or product engineering teams.
- Customer focus and the ability to partner with Product to build roadmaps and drive execution
- Outstanding communication, teamwork and team-building skills
- Strong and broad software engineering experience
- Experience with computer vision or video data processing
- Prior experience in working on-edge ML
Create Value: (1) Work backwards from the customer’s goals (2) Keep it simple (3) Be curious
Make Decisions: (1) Bias towards action (2) Focus on getting it right, not on being right (3) Bet on the long term
Work with Others: (1) Own your outcomes (2) Help your team (3) Communicate openly and deliberatelyWhat We Offer
- Base Salary: $200k - $250k
- Long-term Career Growth and Achievement Opportunity
- Competitive salary + startup equity
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K with Employer Match
- 14 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Remote flexibility
- Work from home stipend to set-up home office
- Unlimited PTO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.