Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
Opendoor is excited and honored to be a part of this year's AfroTech event. As we continue on our mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move, we are excited to speak with AfroTech participants who bring diversity of thought, skills, background and experience.
The passion, innovation and drive that AfroTech attendees possess is inspirational! Opendoor is looking for that combination of passion, innovation, drive and more to help our customers in their home buying and selling journeys. Come join us and help us transform an industry.
*This posting is exclusive to attendees of the 2021 AfroTech Conference
- Buyer & Seller Experience: This team aims to share our learnings by offering our technology and processes to institutional partners. Homebase is building a modern platform for transactions, offering a wide range of services such as brokerage and title, to become the true one stop shop for institutional transactions.
- Transaction and Operations: The operations and transaction platform touches every aspect of Opendoor’s home buying and selling experience. At a high level it covers the three key stages of a real estate transaction; Home acquisition from sellers, Home renovation and maintenance; and Selling homes to buyers. The platform should additionally build and/or integrate services such as mortgage financing, title and escrow while working towards creating a best-in-class holistic platform for real estate transactions.
- Financial Platform: This group is working on our centralized transaction platform and financial systems. The work is focused on service-oriented architecture, API’s and backend implementation. If working in a fast-paced, rapid growth startup environment where you’ll build solutions that will define the future of the real estate industry excites you, we would like to talk to you about a role on the Opendoor pricing strategy team.
- Infrastructure: This team is building backend frameworks and tools that provide core functionality; Building a system that allows engineers to build applications quickly.
- Data Engineering: The done work here is focused on transforming data and building an infrastructure that processes housing data. With this team, you will also help us discover the value of the homes that we own, so we can resell them on the market quickly and for the right price. You will rapidly iterate on new approaches to solve pricing problems all the way from idea to execution to evolution. Getting these decisions right is essential to our success as we innovate in new areas of real estate.
- Pricing: Work done in this team is centered around building a machine learning infrastructure that calculates how we accurately price homes.. This Engineering team’s goal is to build a world class ecosystem of real estate apps (mobile and web) in order to give our customers the best possible experience when buying, selling, or trading in their home.
- Data Science: Our mandate is to demonstrate profitable data breakthroughs. In practice, this means working on riskier hypotheses, driven by acquisition of novel data or experimenting with new ways of modeling. This team targets a lower success rate of individual projects (~30-50%) to ensure that we’re pushing boundaries. We ensure consistency by working over a diversified portfolio of bets (business areas and kinds of problems).
- You will build services from scratch, as well as develop existing applications
- Work with other team members in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
- Learn how to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs
- At Opendoor you will become a domain expert in real estate
- Breaking down complex problems, documenting solutions, and sequencing work to make iterative improvements
Preferred Experience Includes:
- If you are a Backend Engineer you must have one of the following: Go, Python or Ruby. Bonus points for having SQL, AWS, Rails
- If you are a Machine Learning Engineer you must have: Python, SQL. It is great if you also have experience in one of the following: Spark, Databricks, Snowflake, AWS, a Quantitative Background.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description