At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Advanced Systems Manager II – Digital Engineering
What You’ll Do:
- Position business area/organization to capture business and meet objectives.
- Develop and execute strategies consistent with Strategic Business Unit strategies.
- Develop and present to management capture plans using the gated process for Pursue/No-Pursue, Bid/No-Bid, and Proposal Approval decisions.
- Prepare and submit proposals, ROMS, RFI/RFQ responses, and white papers.
- Manage new business indirect budget projects for assigned area.
- Propose IR&D in coordination with the Chief Technologist; coordinate technology developments with other business areas or SBUs, if appropriate, for assigned area.
- Develop and apply technical concepts that leverage and integrate core capabilities from across the Company to create high-value solutions and expand work share.
- Serve as the management and technical focal point, in coordination with Business Development and the Field Offices, for assigned area.
- Oversee study efforts having the potential to evolve into new business capture opportunities.
- Support preparation and execution of the strategic plan in conjunction with Business Development.
- Communicate business capture details within the department and relevant elements of the company.
- Support customer meetings, conferences, and trade shows.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience on Government Opens Systems architectures such as OMS or MOSA development programs preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience supporting proposal efforts for software and/or hardware development programs preferred. Proposal Manager experience desired.
- Experience leading teams in Agile Software development (commercial or government) to include creating and supporting Kubernetes development environment both on-premises and cloud based.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Experience delivering digital emulators of hardware systems using Model Based Systems engineering tools such as SysML.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $136,000 - $187,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.