Advanced IT Developers are responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions. Advanced IT Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation, and performance testing of purchased products. Advanced IT Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. Advanced IT Developers are assigned to moderately complex development projects.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Write code for moderately complex system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
- Review code developed by other Advanced IT Developers, IT Developers and Associate IT Developers.
- Drive programming standards in collaboration with Senior and Principal Developers.
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify integration points.
- Report and resolve missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
- Consult with other Advanced IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers, and vendors.
- "Scope" time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other Advanced IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other Advanced IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
- Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle.
- Document what must be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems.
- Research vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
- Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- Ensure all SDLC guidelines are adhered to as defined by the SDLC Office to support audit compliance.
- 4+ years related work experience. Experience Details: IT development/programming/coding professional work experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Proficiency using versioning tools
- Thorough knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated database and SQL skills
- Flexible team player
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Proficiency programming in more than one object-oriented programming language
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools
- Advanced critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Bachelor's degree in a related field IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Knowledge of web technologies (REST, Angular, etc.)
- SQL server experience
- Relevant Development certifications
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
More Information on GuideWell
GuideWell operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Jacksonville, FL. GuideWell was founded in 2014. It has 200 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as 401(K), Remote Work Program. To see all 56 open jobs at GuideWell, click here.
Read Full Job Description