Actuarial Engineer at Innovaccer (Remote)
We are looking for an Actuarial Engineer who understand claims data received from different payers and can leverage the data to build algorithms to help providers/payers manage their risk better. He/She will be actively working in a cross-functional teams comprising of data analysts, data scientists, and engineers.
A Day in the Life
- Build several claims related algorithms such as utilization and financial measures, claim denial processes, medical loss ratio etc.
- Work with data scientists to develop accurate risk algorithms for both providers and health-plans
- Develop algorithms to help providers or payers negotiate their contracts better based on their predicted performance
- Support business strategies that involve undertaking financial risks in customer contracts
- Build dashboards and reports (in collaboration with BI experts) for payers and providers
- Bachelor's or master's in mathematics, statistics, actuarials, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience working with insurance claims processing cycle
- Expertise in various value-based care payment models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain complex statistics and technical details
- Advanced computer skills, including understanding of databases, spreadsheets and statistical analysis software
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze big data, Knowledge of R or python or SAS will be preferred
- Willing to work with remote teams
- Industry certifications: We want you to be a subject matter expert in what you do. So, whether it’s our product or our domain, we’ll help you dive in and get certified.
- Quarterly rewards and recognition programs: We foster learning and encourage people to take risks. We recognize and reward your hard work.
- Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones.
- Sabbatical policy: We encourage people to take time off and rejuvenate, learn new skills, and pursue their interests so they can be inspired to generate new ideas with Innovaccer.
- Pet-friendly office and open floor plan: No boring cubicles.