Accessibility Engineer [Remote] at Braintrust
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States and Canada only
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 – $120/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long term.
- Design, program, test, and debug applications according to W3C web and accessibility specifications (including WCAG 2.0, 2.1, WAI-ARIA, HTML, CSS), as well as national and international accessibility regulatory standards (US: Section 508, US: ADA, EU: EN301-549)
- 3+ years implementing front-end accessibility solutions and re-usable components
- 3+ years of experience using common assistive technologies, including screen readers, magnifiers and voice recognition products, such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, Dragon, ZoomText to validate accessible code generation
- 3+ years of experience as the lead for defining, developing, and implementing a web accessibility assessment
- 3+ years accessibility assessment and remediation experience, including knowledge of Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards and requirements
- 3+ years of experience conducting accessibility testing on multiple platforms and devices, including iOS and Android mobile devices.
- 3+ years implementing back-end processes and solutions to enable end-to-end accessibility
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.