3D Software Engineer, Econ at Reddit
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Economy/Special Projects Team
The Economy and Special Projects teams are among the most innovative, forward-looking teams at Reddit. Together we’re trying to build an Internet of free, independent communities that are powered by a fun, collaborative economy. Our goal is to find new monetization models that restore the balance of power online, putting it back in the hands of the people. Though quite challenging, we believe it’s one of the most important projects to keep the Internet free.
We are hiring a Senior 3D Graphics Engineer who can move incredibly fast while delivering a quality product. You'll work on the highest impact project in a team of brilliant engineers like yourself. In addition to building technology, you’ll contribute to the product and business strategy.
- Represent engineering in collaborating directly with designers and product managers to build delightful user experiences on native iOS, native Android, and Web
- Own engineering projects from the art pipeline through to implementation, deployment, and maintenance
- Solve complex challenges around performance and code reusability while continuously improving code quality
- Experience building at least one amazing 3D graphics product with a team from start to shipment
- Experience building 3D for mobile. Knowledge of graphics libraries and frameworks OpenGL, Metal, DirectX, and Vulkan are a big plus.
- Knowledge of industry-standard CPU/GPU architectures
- Able to work effectively under schedule pressure to fix bugs, review code, design, write, test new code, and diagnose production issues.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to Have:
- Entrepreneurial mindset; everyone is a startup CEO that runs towards solving problems
- Recognize, validate, and evangelize technologies and architectures that align with business objectives
- Loves to operate in an experiment-driven environment.
- Be a team player (positive attitude, flexible, collaborative)
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].