2022 New Grad Front End Software Engineer I at Chewy (Boston, MA)
Chewy is seeking highly driven and passionate graduating Software Engineering students to join our development teams in Boston, MA and Bellevue, WA as a Front End Software Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join our front end engineering teams that support the front-end platform interaction. Our cloud-based integration will allow you the opportunity to continue to integrate our software with our core e-commerce platform.
As part of a dynamic team and high growth company, you will work in a fast-paced environment where your work will have an immediate impact on our business. Our collaborative code environment will allow you the opportunity to learn from and work closely with our passionate engineers.
What You'll Do:
You will be working in functions that touch our end to end customer experience whether its customer order, and catalog management, pricing and promotions tools, search and personalization or operational analytics. Through cross functional collaboration, you’ll design and build interfaces that integrate every aspect of our business. You’ll write simple and sustainable code that reflects a deep understanding of our business and contributes meaningfully to the success of your team and delivery to our customers.
We are looking to bring in the next generation of engineers who will help us in our mission to become the most trusted and convenient destination for pet parents. Think you have what it takes to join our pack?
Possible start dates for this role are between January 2022 and May 2022.
This is not a remote opportunity.
What You'll Need:
- Currently enrolled in or completed within the last 6 months a BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related area
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Work authorization without current or future sponsorship required
- Exposure to or experience with Java, SQL, Scala, Kotlin, Spring Boot, React, Vue.js
- Exposure to or experience with AWS
- Previous experience with Software Engineering practices for the full development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building reusable UI/UX components
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, XP or etc.)
- Willingness to travel as needed
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]