2022-11 Software Engineer (Python) at 1st Edge LLC (Huntsville, AL)
1st Edge is a growing business seeking top performers to join in our mission of developing software solutions for our Government customers. We offer technically advanced, challenging work in an employee-centered environment driven by the desire to contribute to a meaningful purpose. Our employees work closely with Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC), Missile Defense Agency (MDA), and Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC).
We believe in a balanced, quid pro quo relationship between the company and its employees, providing all benefits at no cost, plus generous time off. This balanced culture allows employees to do their best work and contributes to our extraordinary success rate. From an excellent benefits package to job autonomy with challenging work, 1st Edge cultivates an innovative and collaborative environment with meaningful work.Job Description
Based on the requirements of our Government contracts, you must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job. You also must have, or be able to obtain with assistance, a secret security clearance. This position is for on-site work.
1st Edge is searching for an experienced Python engineer to join our AI development team and apply engineering principles to the development of custom AI products.
- Working with the team to provide software engineering support for internal AI products
- Development of an execution framework for AI models
Essential job skills include:
- Strong knowledge of Python 3
- Understanding of software engineering principles and design
- Experience with
- Framework design/development
- Developing scalable distributed systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with web frameworks (Django)
- Experience with relational database (PostGIS)
- Experience with ONNX
- Experience working with spatial data (GeoJSON, PostGIS, gdal)
- Experience with containerization (Singularity, Docker)
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. However, please note, based on the requirements of our Government contracts, you must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.