We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Marketing team is looking for a creative strategist to help elevate our brand marketing and embed Coinbase in culture through crypto-forward, Web3 ideas and tactics.
This person will drive our Web3 creative strategy, lending insights and ideas to support work across Brand, Content, Product Marketing, and Communications that drives awareness and relevance for Coinbase, particularly in the crypto community. As our Web3 Creative Strategist, you will help craft quick-turn ideas and build long-term plans that reinforce our brand strategy, and oversee the execution of the work. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of cultural and Web3 trends, be able to apply creative thinking to content and activation ideas across teams, and have a passion for the future we’re building at Coinbase.
What You’ll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Develop Web3 creative strategies, ideas, and initiatives that reinforce Coinbase’s presence within those communities, from creating our own DAO(s) to developing digital and IRL experiences that creatively engage our audiences.
- Inspire teams by developing innovative, crypto-forward thinking that brings our brand and product visions to life.
- Drive execution of creative ideas with agency partners and internal teams across the organization
- Work closely with our Brand and Social teams to develop crypto-forward thinking to support existing plans and strategies, and implement new ideas that support long-term brand goals
- Develop and manage relationships within the crypto community, and leverage those partnerships to develop creative co-marketing opportunities for Coinbase
- Maintain a strong understanding of trends and strategies within the web3 space and regularly communicate with internal stakeholders to inform campaign work
- Discuss and provide feedback on brand, partnership, social, and product marketing strategies and ideas
What We’re Looking For (i.e. Job Requirements)
- Web3 / DeFi Degen
- 5+ years of experience in a creative, strategy, or development role at a tech, Web3, or crypto company
- Deep knowledge and interest in all things blockchain technology, crypto, Web3
- Knowledge of creative, brand marketing, and social strategy
- Experience translating consumer behavior into insightful, creative ideas
- Knowledge of the Coinbase platform and suite of products
- Ability to use analytics tools that track success of campaigns and efforts and make recommendations based on quantitative analysis
- Eagerness to engage and build within creative communities
- Open and eager to experiment with new tactics and platforms
- An interest in crypto and the economic freedom it can offer. Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world - and we want you to help!
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is ($105,400) + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.