ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
At ezCater, we care a lot about building insanely helpful products that our customers, caterers, and delivery drivers love to use. As the head of our Product Design organization, you will build out and lead a world class Product Design team, inclusive of Product Designers, UX Researchers and UX Copywriters. You’ll be a key leader in the broader Product organization and expected to not only be an advocate for great, customer focused user experience and design, but also a strategic partner in helping determine the direction of where our products should be going and helping the organization truly understand our customers on both sides of our marketplace.
- You are a highly empathetic design leader that can put yourself in the mindset of the target user. You are hungry to learn more about the users and their pain points leveraging both 1st-hand qualitative research and data and metrics
- You have high standards for design, care deeply about building a quality product and you’ll go the extra mile to make sure you’re not just moving business metrics but also improving the experience overall
- You’re a highly effective mentor, coach, and recruiter. Your people feel challenged, supported and encouraged to continuously improve
- You’re a valued thought partner to Product and Engineering leaders. You influence the product agenda and drive the design vision and roadmap. Your colleagues across the Product organization and broader business appreciate your collaborative approach, expertise and the user-centric perspective you bring to your work
- You’re a skilled communicator and presenter who’s comfortable working with stakeholders and getting a diverse audience excited about your solutions
- You can lead a team through complex problem definition and propose conceptual, long term design solutions that meet business needs
- You’re at your best when working as part of a cross-functional team in a fast paced environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and adjust quickly as business needs change.
- 10+ years of designing and building intuitive, impactful and beautiful digital experiences
- 5+ years of leadership experience, managing, mentoring, and growing direct reports
- Experience establishing a strategic vision for design, across all aspects of a product and service, and working with PMs, engineering leadership and teams to drive work towards that vision
- Demonstrated history championing what’s best for the user while leveraging design to contribute to moving business metrics. You use data to make design decisions (while surrounded by stakeholders and colleagues who believe strongly in the value of user research and data-driven design)
- Ability to communicate effectively with your team and maintain high levels of credibility with stakeholders about your process and the problem you’re solving.
- A desire to work with cross functional leadership team to build incredible products, a happy and energized team, and help drive the strategic product vision and execution at ezCater
Starting Salary Range: $250,000-$320,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.