What will you do?
- Manage and develop a team of design directors, product designers, user researchers, design technologists, and brand designers by setting clear goals, matching designers with the appropriate product teams, and ensuring that your team has what they need to be successful.
- Guide the team to develop and evolve best practices for product design at Medium.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process for product design, brand design, and other roles within the company.
- Work closely with Medium leadership to envision the future of the Medium user experience, and make it real.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, research and data science to ensure a smooth and reliable product development process.
- Lead marketing designers to create compelling and consistent brand messaging and visuals.
Who are you?
- At least 5+ years managing design teams working on consumer internet products, experience on media or content-related products a plus.
- Fluency in UX best practices in mobile and web applications.
- Experience working with cross-functional product teams (design, research, product, engineering, data science).
- Familiarity with agile product development processes.
- A strong portfolio of design work demonstrating end-to-end product design on products at varying points of the product life cycle.
- Experience guiding brand design and collaborating with marketing colleagues.
- A real passion for Medium’s mission.