Visual Designer - Remote at Thriveworks (Miami, FL)
Visual Designer - Remote
Temp to perm position focused on brand refresh work at the start and then moving to more product-based work once the initial brand refresh has been developed.
As the Visual Product Designer at Thriveworks, you will be a key part of the design and product team, first developing our new brand, followed by reimagining our core product through the lens of that new brand. You are someone with a sharp eye for exceptional design who appreciates data and what it can tell you about your work. You’re a team player who is passionate about visual design and user experience with an ability to artfully realize and execute on our brand vision
About the Role
As the Marketing Designer at Thriveworks, you will be a key part of the design and marketing team, supporting a test-driven performance marketing team across channels including social, email, SEO, and PR/content. You are someone with a sharp eye for exceptional design who appreciates data and what it can tell you about your work. You’re a team player who is passionate about visual design and user experience with an ability to artfully realize and execute on our brand vision
- Create and evolve brand identity, consistency, and visual expression across product and marketing initiatives.
- Advance understanding of composition, color, typography, iconography, texture, photographic curation, and usability to help users successfully navigate dynamic experiences
- Create and Contribute to scalable design language systems for typography, color, components, and layouts
- Create original, visually engaging interfaces that are functional and intuitive, as well as transform established wireframes into compelling visual experiences
- Strong conceptual thinking —the ability to start a project off from a strong position and come up with surprising, smart concepts to move forward with.
- Strong teamwork skills—the ability to work with designers, developers, and product managers as well as the confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly.
- Experience designing new, innovative layouts and designs that scale and flex across different platforms, including web, mobile, print, kiosks, environmental etc.
- The agility to design experiences for different types of users, across different interfaces and devices.
- Ability to use data to help drive and define the design and user-experience decisions
- Experience creating micro-interactions and animations is a plus.
- Must add a Link or URL of your Portfolio to your resume
- 5+ years of visual design experience is ideal, preferably some experience with design systems
- Strong background using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Figma is required
- Highly developed design skills demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work that clearly demonstrate your experiences, thought processes, impact, and learnings.
- Strong understanding of modern web, mobile, and social best practices
- A human-centric design approach, as evidenced by considerations for accessibility, technology platforms, and contextual storytelling.
- Ability to concept and rapidly execute compelling visual designs and hi-fidelity mock-ups with strong attention to pixel-level detail
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams
- Experienced in communicating designs through task flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and interactive prototypes
- Familiarity with using and creating personas, user journeys, and empathy maps.
- Experience working across multiple platforms (Android, iOS, mobile web, desktop) to deliver consistent design across multiple touchpoints
Qualifications - Preferred
- A university degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or a related design or artistic discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organizations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy, freelance)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
- Experience working in an agile environment balancing speed, quality, and scalability
- Knowledge of web and mobile app development frameworks (HTML5, CSS, React, etc…)
- Motion graphics and/or animation skills
- A casual, progressive, and diverse organization
- A W2 employment model with access to a 401k program with a 3% employer match
- Career advancement opportunities
- Brand pride, you are truly helping people
- Remote forever (if you choose)
- Team environment
- Paid Time Off
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision, and life insurance benefits - additional coverage options available such as Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Accident Insurance
- Professional development & advancement opportunities
- Bonus opportunity
Thriveworks is a growing company that provides a challenging, welcoming, and rewarding place to work. A good candidate will be able to grow in responsibility and in their role as the company grows. Successful employment candidates and all Thriveworks employees are expected to embody our Core Values.