Visual Designer, Creative at Morning Consult (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:18 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 31, 2022
About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a global decision intelligence company changing how modern leaders make smarter, faster, better decisions. The company pairs its proprietary high-frequency data with applied artificial intelligence to better inform decisions on what people think and how they will act.
Ideally this position would be based in Washington, DC, however we are open to our other office locations or remote within the US.
Morning Consult is looking for a Visual Designer to join our talented team of creatives to support design efforts across multiple divisions. The ideal candidate will be able to work with the Editorial, Marketing, Operations and Client Services teams to present Morning Consult’s brand with detail-oriented quality of work.
The ideal candidate will be excited to tell stories through data using Morning Consult’s public opinion polling. They will have a drive for continuous learning and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, data-focused environment. Key deliverables for this role will include marketing/analysis reports, data visualizations, news story visuals, web pages, social media, Fortune 500 client deliverables and a range of digital communication products. The Visual Designer will work closely with the Design Director to maintain brand and editorial standards and create high-quality assets and designs for these projects.
The Visual Designer will have the opportunity to learn and develop a unique variety of skills from illustration and data visualization, to layout and interactive web experiences. This omni-divisional position requires the designer to work collaboratively with other creatives as well as editorial staff, marketing team members, and client managers to produce compelling visual solutions.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work directly with Reporters, Analysts, Marketing Managers and Client Services stakeholders to draft and design dynamic visual materials
- Maintain technical knowledge of best practices related to data visualization graphics, color, typography, illustration and layout for digital projects
- Develop visual materials for news stories, social media content, analyst reports, marketing campaigns and interactive web content
- Design a wide range of deliverables including but not limited to: website landing pages, interactive dashboards, infographics, data visualization and internal/external presentations
- Ability to apply consistent and functional branding (brand guidelines) across multiple media types
- Collaborate across divisions and teams to produce impactful, data-driven work
- Be eager to learn and grow as a designer and constantly improve through continuous learning and feedback
- Assist with professional development and passively mentor more junior designers on the team
- 3-5 years of experience
- BFA/BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Outstanding foundation in visual/digital design principles and layout
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, XD, and Acrobat), experience with Figma is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Web Design and UI/UX best practices
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Microsoft Office
- Experience translating data into beautiful and clear visualizations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, client-focused environment and adapt to a variety of brands
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take critique, criticism and instruction well and apply suggestions appropriately
- Online portfolio demonstrating outstanding design experience is a must
- Experience with animation/video production is a plus
- General understanding of HTML/CSS is a plus
Note: we view the above section as a guide, not a checklist. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list!
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.
COVID-19: Morning Consult’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families, and the communities where they live and work. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive their booster shot in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's guidelines. Morning Consult offers a reasonable accommodation process for individuals who are unable to meet our vaccination requirement due to a disability, medical condition, sincerely held religious belief, or other grounds protected by federal, state, or local laws.
More Information on Morning Consult
Morning Consult operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Washington, DC, New York, NY, Chicago, IL and San Francisco, CA. Morning Consult was founded in 2013. It has 413 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 3 open jobs at Morning Consult, click here.
Read Full Job Description