Vice President of User Experience Design at Flyhomes
Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer a chance to make a cash offer. We eliminate risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Buy Before You Sell service. We streamline the homebuying process by unifying brokerage, mortgage, and closing—giving buyers and sellers the services they need all under one roof. Innovation is in our DNA.
When you join Flyhomes, you’ll have the ability to affect change across an industry on a human level. Real estate and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they matter most. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and take risks to fly the plan as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
We are looking to hire a Vice President of User Experience Design to lead a team of UX Designers to help build the future of home buying and selling. Reporting to the VP of Product, this role is a great fit for a seasoned leader who has previously led the UX design practice at a successful, well-known consumer facing startup.
What You’ll Do
As Vice President of User Experience Design, you will be responsible for leading teams to design customer experiences across the end-to-end customer journey. At varying times this involves creating a vision, establishing a roadmap, performing in-depth research and ensuring a high quality customer experience across both digital and physical touchpoints. While you will directly lead a team of UX designers, this role also involves heavy collaboration across multiple groups and stakeholders. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Drive strategic initiatives and long-term investments that impact the future direction of the Flyhomes customer and Flyhomes Agent experience
- Build, develop, retain, lead and mentor a team of highly skilled user experience designers and researchers that is caring, open and high performing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the company including product, engineering, design, marketing, sales and operational teams to both define and deliver a consistently world class customer experience
- Partner with senior leadership to define the organizational structure, KPIs, and OKRs for the User Experience Design group
- Drive prioritization of User Experience Design team initiatives/project backlog
- Ensure the team is equipped with the right skillsets, processes, training, and tools necessary to execute and demonstrate great work.
- Participate in Design and Customer Experience communities locally and nationally, bringing ideas and techniques into the team.
- Reinforce and model Flyhomes culture and values
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of senior-level user experience design work at a leading consumer brand that delivers experience via both digital and physical touchpoints
- Demonstrated prior experience building, leading and scaling a user experience design function within a consumer facing technology startup environment
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates experience across product-thinking, visual and interaction design
- 5+ years of people management experience, including past leadership of other design leaders and strong familiarity with best practices for hiring, building and developing a team
- Demonstrated experience driving multi-year vision and portfolio-level design initiatives, with demonstronstrated ability to dream up, craft and ship seamless customer experiences.
- Expert storytelling skills along with proven cross-team collaboration and relationship-building skills to drive cross-team collaboration.
- Operational and analytical skills with experience developing strategic initiatives, negotiating complex trade-offs and driving execution.
- Demonstrated capabilities executing end-to-end quantitative and qualitative customer research and effectively identifying and interpreting key findings
- Strong familiarity with the real estate industry industry
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to delight our clients and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations. You are adept at relationship management
- Analytical and Critical Thinker: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions. You use data to showcase the value of marketing activities / events.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Communicative: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to convey messaging to diverse audiences. You are comfortable conceptualizing, writing and editing customer-facing content
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow, and build something great together
- Healthcare benefits… obviously, plus contributions to HSA
- Flexible work schedules
- 401(k) + employer match
- Commuter benefits
- Charitable donation match
- Real estate license sponsorship
- And… drumroll please… rebates when buying/selling a home