Flash is the leading IoT mobility platform powering the urban city core’s automobiles, electric vehicles, electric vehicle chargers, parking garages, websites, consumer mobile apps, and embedded systems worldwide.
Our technology portfolio includes hardware, microprocessor, and systems design. Computer vision with AI/ML. We have embedded systems and firmware development, including edge and distributed computing and API, web, SDK, and mobile application development. That's just the top of the iceberg.
Our technology team solves incredibly hard problems every day to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of amazing. We have very high standards, especially when it comes to our team. As a player/coach you will be responsible for building the team, the infrastructure, and defining the processes and methods for hardware engineering at FLASH.
At this time we're only considering prospective employees currently residing in the United States for this position.
As the overall lead for FLASH Hardware Engineering you'll be responsible for
- How we go from initial POC on through to mass production
- Establishing methods for gathering input from peer organizations like Product, Embedded engineering, Firmware engineering, Cloud engineering, Mechanical design and more
- Lead research & component selection for critical sub-systems, including RFID, wireless communication systems, power systems and SoCs in partnership with the Embedded Systems team(s).
- Partner with our Computer Vision, PARCS, and Electric Vehicle on Edge Computing architectures
- Quickly prototype new products or sub-systems for proof of concept studies.
- Oversee & lead schematic design and layout efforts for entire products.
- Collaborate with Firmware and Embedded Systems resources on schematic details, board bring-up, testing and more.
- Work closely with manufacturing partners to steer hardware designs through design and validation builds (EVT, DVT, PVT) and into mass production.
- Build and execute robust test plans to validate and de-risk your designs.
- Hiring, managing, and mentoring your team members.
What you bring to the table
- 10+ years experience in hardware development engineering having gone through at least 5 products design cycles, from concept through production.
- Experience developing hardware specifications; characterization test plans; verification test plans; functional test plans
- Experience with high volume manufacturing
- Experience with cost/time/risk tradeoff analyses relative to time-to-market
- Experience with cutting edge hardware design practices.
- A Growth Mindset
- Experience working with non-US based ODM/OEM contract manufacturers
- Experience working across multiple disciplines and organizations to collaborate and resolve complex issues
- Fundamental knowledge of Computer Architecture, Signal Integrity, Power Design, Design of Experiments
- Ideally located in Austin, Chicago or Seattle are also options, but really open to anywhere in US if travel is in the cards
What you get
- Competitive market salary based on experience. We won't waste your time with a poor offer.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- Laptop and peripherals of your choice (as many monitors as your desk can hold)
- Ability to work from home (or wherever) in addition to the Chicagoland, Austinland, or Seattleland office if you choose
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Join us in making a difference as we build our future. FLASH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. FLASH prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Read Full Job Description