PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
- Create visual effects across all areas of the game, ranging from natural environmental effects, effects to punctuate game action, to effects for characters and their interaction with elements within the game world.
- Build comprehensive knowledge of the VFX art production pipelines, tools, and systems associated with the creation of VFX content.
- Work closely with the Art and Game Directors to deliver their vision of the effects as they pertain to the game pillars and proactively collaborate with other VFX artists and other team members to realize the game’s needs.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the game’s design to support communication and allow better participation in discussions.
- Break down challenging or open-ended requests into actionable tasks, examine feasible options, autonomously collaborate across disciplines to propose a plan of action, and implement solutions that will satisfy all of the stakeholders.
- Actively develop and improve skillset and abilities by staying aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages, and putting traditional art methods into practice.
- Demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Take on challenging VFX problems and develop solutions that consider all variables in a self-sufficient manner.
- Traditional art and animation training and production experience.
- Strong technical abilities and knowledge of PBR systems.
- Maya (or 3d modeling package) and Photoshop. Premiere/After FX experience is desirable. Working knowledge of current dynamics and Simulations packages is desirable.
- Familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, particle systems, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, texture/UV animation, UV layout, in-game and sprite animation, material setup, and engine parameters/optimizations is desirable.
- Practice excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to create, document, and maintain VFX and shader libraries for other artists to utilize is desirable.
- The ability to resolve an assortment of complex artistic/VFX development issues for other VFX artists as well as other team members is desirable.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to VFX questions that have no prescribed answers.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of optimization, performance, and profiling considerations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant curriculum or equivalent skillset.
- Minimum 2 years game industry or related experience.
- Experience working on published current-generation video game platform titles is desirable.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.